Friday, August 20, 2010

Kirstine's Bachelorette Beach Weekend - Part 2

After a fun-filled Friday night, we were all ready for a little relaxation (read:detox) on the beach. It was a perfect beach day (read:effing hot), so we packed up the cooler and headed out!
It was so hot that we had to put our chairs in the water...
I can't believe I've known Kirstine since we were 19!!! Times have changed, but friendships are forever. :)
Kirstine with her sister, Brittany, and cousin, Rae.
While several girls sun-bathed...
... and some enjoyed a book....
... others decided to dig themselves into a huge pit.
Jen V caught on to our struggles and helped out with a shovel.
Pretty soon, everyone was lending a hand!
Not to be left out, Kirstine jumped in the pit with us and threw up some horns...
I have no idea who these guys are. I was a few drinks in and not really paying attention, but somehow Rae enticed them into taking a picture with us. I definitely remember them looking older, though.
After an hour of being trapped in the sand and losing all sensation of our lower bodies, we decided we should probably get out...
A big, sandy mess!
I REALLY wish I had taken pictures of the drive home from the beach. Back at Jen's house, I had made 2 party-mix CD's for the weekend (using Jen's iTunes). Jen and I were cruising home from the beach listening to one of the CD's when Usher's Confessions Part II came on right as we were pulling into the driveway.
We couldn't let the awesomeness of that jam end before it had hardly began, so we circled around the pool in front of the condo while listening to the song. The funny part is that the pool is TINY so we had to have circled around it a good 15 times. As Usher finished his Confessions, we finally parked the car... when 50 Cent's In Da Club started... so we sat in the driveway and danced it out. That memory will live with me forever!!

After spending a considerable amount of time removing sand from every crevice of my body, we headed into town to a fun restaurant on the water.
There wasn't a table big enough for everyone, so Melissa, Carolyn, Jen and I stuck together...
After dinner we headed to the most happening place in Port A -- The Salty Dog!
Kirstine with her future sister-in-law and cousins-in-law...
Carolyn, Rae, Brittany, and me....
Barbara, Stacy, Karen, and Rechal...
The whole group (minus a few sleepy girls)!
What a great weekend -- I hope it was everything Kirstine hoped it would be!


.... and one more Usher picture for the road.

No comments: