Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Big Day -- Adam and Leane's Wedding

On Saturday, May 29th, we all woke up to a BEAUTIFUL day. The sun was shining, the sky was blue and it was going to be 75 degrees - a perfect day for a wedding on a lake!

After lunch, my dad, Adam, Eric and I drove up to Wasilla to pick up the chairs for the wedding. We didn't think we'd be able to get 70 chairs in my dad's truck, but it was a piece of cake!

We then headed to Lake Lucille to unload and set up the chairs.Leane wanted tiki torches at the beginning of the aisle, and since she's the bride that's exactly what she got!
After Holly and I decorated the back row of chairs with gauze and bows, we headed up to Leane's hotel room to get our hair done. Leane went last....
Here's Holly and Pax looking on:
He is SO adorable. I'm jealous my brother already has a nephew... maybe Pax can be my honorary nephew, too.
Putting on the veil...
NOW she looks like a bride!
Right as I was putting on my dress, my mom called to ask if I could come downstairs for some family pictures.

On my way down, I passed this friendly, welcoming bear....
.... and the lovely lake....
... to take some pictures!

Grandma with her two grandsons:
Shortly after, it was time to get the wedding started! Although the ceremony started at 7:30, the sun was still high in the sky and it was uncharacteristically and fantastically warm! (Unfortunately I don't have many pictures of the ceremony/reception because I figured the photographer had it covered.)

The bridesmaids made their way down the stairs...
And Leane looked beautiful walking down the aisle with her dad!
Here we are as Leane was coming down the stairs. All I could hear was the sniffling on either side of me... which didn't help me in my efforts to stay cool and not cry!
Tara straightening out Leane's dress...
YAY, they're married!After taking more family and wedding party photos, we all went in to the ballroom for the reception. Here's the first dance:
My Uncle Jim and Aunt Suki came in from Denver... Colorado was well represented!
Father/Daughter dance (Tara cried through the entire thing, and I have to admit I got a little teary!):Watching them feed each other cake was hilarious because Leane did NOT want to get chocolate on her dress -- not that I can blame her. And the cake was delicious!
Those Ganser sisters can get DOWN with their bouquet microphones!
Poppy-Parting-Gifts:
It wouldn't be a wedding without decorating the car. I think everyone did a fantastic job!
Since lots of cans were needed, I did my part by drinking a Busch Light.
By 11:30, the party was dwindling, and it was time to get these newlyweds on the road!
The next day, Adam and Leane hosted a brunch at their house before heading off on their honeymoon to Mexico.
They did a great job on the food!
Since I was going home soon and hadn't had a chance to go on the trail behind our house, my dad and I took a walk. Every time I go back there, I remember the summer before my senior year when I would run every morning to get in shape for the dance team. I would take our Doberman and Adam would sometimes roller blade beside me. MAN, I wish I was still 17! Oh well. Congratulations Adam and Leane! May your lives be like this path -- sunny and beautiful! (Ha, REALLY cheesy... sorry... I was trying to figure out how to get back on track and tie these pictures into the whole wedding post. Well. Whatever. Although cheesy, the sentiment is heartfelt!) Congratulations again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm REALLY late on commenting. This is my third read-through and here are my thoughts:
1) That bear is NOT who I would want as my greeter...they should take some lessons from Walmart and hire a kindly elderly person
2) I LOVE your Bridesmaid dress & you look awesome in it, you should wear it every chance you get.
3)Leanne's expression during the wedding cake exchange is hysterical!
4) Busch Light!!! - man, you really know how to take one for the team.
5) I can't believe they hosted a brunch the morning after their wedding...CRAZY!

Good work as always Lindsay!!!