Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kendra's Tattoo

It’s a little known fact (…to my parents at least) that I’ve always wanted a tattoo, but my chronic indecisiveness has really slowed down the process. I should probably get it figured out, though - it’s only a matter of time before I tattoo a skull and crossbones on my chest in a drunken moment of weakness.

Luckily for my friend, Kendra, she had it all figured out.

Back in October, Kendra called me up and asked if I wanted to go with her to get a tattoo. She’d been thinking about it for awhile, and had settled on a heart made out of music notes tattooed on her side. I was pretty curious about it seeing as how I’ve been too chicken to do it myself… so I said I would be there!

Kendra came to get me, and we picked up Trisha on our way to the tattoo place. It was all fun and games as we headed inside….

While waiting for her technician (is that what they’re called?!), Kendra checked out some of the items available to be pierced… gross.
Finally, the tattoo artist was ready to go. And so was Kendra.
He had her lie on her side…
...while Trisha and I tried not to make her laugh. Here we are in the mirror over Kendra’s head. The whole thing took about five minutes*…. and she was done.* Kendra objects to the five minute assessment. She says it HAD to have been ten minutes at least.

She seemed totally fine when it was all over, but as she was receiving her directions on healing her skin (the guy kept calling it an “open wound” – sick), she PASSED OUT! It was actually really scary…. …but I guess it was nothing a little apple juice couldn’t cure.

All in all, it was a pretty quick process, and she was happy with her results!NOW, if I could just figure out how to break it to my mom that I want a tattoo…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lindsay - IF you get a tatoo, I WANT to be there to document it! I'd say I'd get one with you, but I think I'm too chicken. I probably wouldn't even have my ears pierced, if it weren't for the fact that it was done when I ws a baby (thank goodness).

P.S. I think your mom knows now!