Monday, July 29, 2013

The Powells Go to Maui

On July 24th, my family and I made our way to MAUI!  We had been planning the trip for over a year... and the anticipation had been building... and building... so I couldn't believe when it was finally time to go!

After 8 hours in the air and a pit stop in Los Angeles, I had made it to Maui.  When we arrived at the house, I couldn't believe how beautiful it was! 

When we asked my brother, Adam, what kind of beer he wanted, he requested primo beer... I didn't realize he meant LITERALLY Primo beer until I saw it sitting there in the store!

On my first full day in Maui, I enjoyed a cup of coffee by the pool...
... and then we all headed to Whalers Village where Charlie made a friend.
After doing some shopping, we went to the beach there in Kaanapali.  It was gorgeous!

Charlie had an awesome time.

I tried to get a family photo of Adam, Leane, and Charlie, when Charlie came running at me.  It turned out to be an unexpectedly great picture!
Someone worked up an appetite.
After a morning at the beach, we decided to spend the rest of the afternoon at the house.
  
t

This picture reminds me so much of one I took exactly one year ago!
July 2013
July 2012



















I can't believe the views from the backyard! 

That night, I capped off an already awesome first day in Maui with a visit from Diana and Eric!  They were coincidentally vacationing in Kaanapali the same week as me, and we met up that night for dinner.  I'm flying straight to San Antonio after this trip, so I was especially happy to see Diana since it will be the last time I see her before moving.  (**insert sad face here**)
Please excuse my mumu.  

Thus far, Maui had been good to the Powells.  I couldn't wait for the next six days of fun ahead!

No comments: