Thursday, September 10, 2009

28 is Great!

Let's travel back. Waaaaaay back....
.... to September 3, 1984 when I turned 3. Man, life was great then. I had a big bird cake, no little brother, and no clue I would end up an accountant - I was on top of the world!

Now let's fast forward to September 3, 2009. I'm painfully aware of my fate as a number cruncher. My little brother is getting married before I am. And I now need three hands to show how old I am.
But at least I still have a kick-ass cake.

Not only that, but I had a kick-ass birthday! I spent my actual birthday at home in Alaska, which was great. Since I wanted to celebrate in Denver, too, I went out on August 29th with my friends.

The night began with a cook-out at Trisha's. Trisha was scared she'd get her cute going-out outfit dirty while making her strawberry-champagne-peach-delicious concoction, so she changed into a t-shirt. When I asked what the "TALS" on her shirt stood for, she proudly pointed to it and said, "Teens Against Littering the State of Alabama." Then she looked down at it and said, "No, wait. Teens Against Littering the State." Oh, of course. I should have known.
Her boyfriend Matt grilled us burgers and hot dogs, and it was great!
And Amy surprised me with a cake! (Funny enough, we forgot to eat it. We ended up going back to Trisha's the next week to actually eat it.)
Trisha's dog, Blanca wanted to wish me a happy birthday, too.
After eating and playing some cards, we all hopped in a cab and headed to Downtown Tavern.
Matt and Dan:
I was so excited that Jana came out to meet us!
And I was so happy Jen and George made it out, too!
I also want to thank Terra and Rob for coming out. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture with them, but it was great to see them!
Trisha introduced me to a group of guys and for some reason told them I was a student at CU studying archaeology. It's easier than you would think convincing a bunch dudes you are a 23-year-old-Indiana-Jones-in-training. I was in the middle of explaining my latest dig in Africa when I heard the Cupid Shuffle come on... I can't stop myself when that song comes on, and luckily, neither can Amy. We found each other on the dance floor and Cupid Shuffled it up.

After hitting the dance floor, I was chatting with Jenna....
...when she noticed a group of people dressed as 20's flappers. Amidst the group of flapper girls was one lonely, nerdy guy (much like Screech from Saved by the Bell) wearing suspenders. Jenna said, "I think we need to snap his suspenders." To which I said, "Okay!" Here we are post-snap.
28 may not be as good as being 3 again... but it's been pretty fun so far.

1 comment:

Terra said...

Glad we could make it, even though it was so late! We will remember to tell the DJ at the wedding to give a shout out to you and play the Cupid Shuffle! Napa won't know what hit them.