Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Lindsay's Winter (in a nutshell)

Winter is officially behind us, and all I can say is THANK GOODNESS! In my opinion, not a lot of good comes out of winter aside from Santa and wearing cute jackets. My winter was mainly spent working... but here were the high points:

(1) The EY Holiday Party:

Here's Amy and I getting ready....
And here's the final product.
Here's me and Jen. I love Jen. She is forever telling me what a funny, fabulous person I am and how she can't believe I'm single. Obviously, she's extremely smart. We also work with the same manager, so we commiserate together. What a great friend!
Matt, Me, and Amy. Matt went to OU, which has always been a sticking point in our friendship. It's hard to hold it against him though... he's just too funny.
Amy and Trisha. Trisha is my "roommate", which means I'm holding onto her bedroom furniture and tv while she lives in sin with Matt. This picture cracks me up.
I have no idea what's happening here.... but as you can see, we had a fun night.
Amy and her bball buddy, Justin (aka Fries).
(2) Slumber Party with Rusty:
Back in February, Amy was working in the mountains for a week, so her kitty Rusty came to stay with me and Magnolia. I wasn't exactly sure how Magnolia would react to another cat in her house... and as you can see, she wasn't much of a hostess.
Here's poor Rusty hiding behind a door and Magnolia daring him to come out.
Poor Rusty!!!
After a couple days, she started to lighten up. Sort of.
(Is it sad that one of my highlights of the winter is a cat-visitor? What is wrong with me?! This is further evidence that winter sucks.)
(3) Working with my crazy team:
No winter post would be complete without a shout out to my AIMCO audit team. I spent 75% of my year auditing AIMCO (Apartment Investment and Management Company), and after spending that much time with people... including some pretty late nights... you get to know them pretty well!
Here is Karl. This picture is taken from my desk, so as you can see, Karl is all up in my space ALL the time. Luckily, he's a lot of fun and really easy to work with.
Here are Dave and Cristina, our staff.
This is looking into our room... that's my empty seat right next to Dave.Here's our team fish, Sharkbait. Whenever we think we work a lot, we just remember poor Sharkbait who literally lives in his office.... as you can see, he's got a computer, desk, filing cabinet, plant... even with all that, he still isn't pulling his weight on the audit. Slacker.

(4) Rascall Flatt's Concert:
Amy scored $6 tickets to Rascall Flatts, which was an unexpected surprise and so fun!

(5) March Snow Storm:
On March 26th, Denver got almost a foot of snow. I left work at 11am that day, and even though I worked from home the rest of the day, it was GREAT!
I took this picture out my window when I first got home.

And here's what it looked like a couple hours later:
And that's it! My winter... in a nutshell. Bring on the Spring!

No comments: