Sunday, June 21, 2009

Lindsay and Amy Go Back to School

Back in May, I went outside my comfort zone..... and volunteered with Junior Achievement. My "roommate" Trisha is in charge of Junior Achievement Day, and asked if I'd like to participate. I'd never done it before because the thought of standing in front of a class of kids and trying to teach them business concepts for an entire day absolutely terrified me. But Trisha kept telling me how fun it was, and she promised Amy and I could teach the same class together. So I was in!

Amy and I taught a class of third graders. I was nervous at first, but as we got into the lesson, I started having a lot of fun! The kids were great and everyone seemed really excited about our lessons and games. Here I am looking very teacher-ish.
Here's our classroom:Here's Amy decompressing while the kids were at PE:When the day was over, we realized it was only 3:00! These teachers really have a good thing going.... school's out by 3. No summers. What am I doing as an accountant?! Not quite knowing what to do with ourselves, we did what I expect all teachers must do.... hit the bar early!
A few weeks later, I checked my mail at work to find thank-you notes from each of the kids. They were SO adorable that I had to include a few here.

Maybe I need to reevaluate my career path.......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

See...there's a reason you were originally admitted to UT as a bilingual ed major. Como esta frijole!

Carlos Antonio Cardenas (Your Poppy)