Tuesday, September 22, 2009

See ya, Summer!

The nights are getting longer...
Busy season is looming....
Snow is headed to Denver tonight.....
Ready or not, summer's over!

I have a bunch of pictures from the summer that never quite fit into a blog post, so as a good-bye to my favorite season, I'm going to reminisce a bit...
Amy and I started the summer by saying we'd hike at least twice a month. Well, twice a month somehow turned into once. No, not once a month. Once in the entire summer. But look how pretty it was!
Our new discovery of the summer was Jazz in the Park. City Park has free concerts every Sunday night -- you can bring your own snacks, drinks, lawn chairs, dog -- it's great!

Here's Scott and his dog.
Trisha's dog, Blanca, also made a few cameo appearances, but never in any of my pictures. I can't wait until next summer when it starts back up again!
After 4 summers in Denver, I've become pretty familiar with Coors Field. But obviously I'm not hanging out with Trisha enough because she managed to show me two places I never knew existed. (#1) The smokers lounge -- This isn't actually a lounge, but rather a section of walkway overlooking right field where all the smokers like to hang out. Although I'm not a smoker, this remains valuable knowledge given that my job is stressing me out so much that I might take up smoking before next season. (#2) Hidden back behind some food stands is THIS!Obviously, we couldn't get enough of these cutouts and took about 10 different shots amidst our hysterical laughter.

Sometimes we don't make it to Coors Field at all. On this particular day Amy and I couldn't get our lazy selves out of the bar and down the street for a game. But it our defense, it WAS raining.
(PS... Seeing this picture makes me realize I don't care what my mom says, I love my hair black!)
These aren't specifically summer-related, but here's some recent ones of Magnolia. Every morning she hangs out with me while I get ready. On this particular morning she was so tired that she couldn't even manage to stay awake.
And this is what happens when I'm not paying attention.


So long, summer. I'll miss you.

No comments: