Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Long Walk Home

The sad reality is that I work -- a LOT. Today (a Saturday) was no different. My team and I were working away when all of a sudden an announcement was made over the loudspeakers... the elevators were down for maintenance. This wouldn't really have been a problem except for the fact that it was after 5pm.... we wanted to go home soon... and we work on the 33rd floor!

By the time we were ready to leave at 6, Lindsay checked the freight elevator just to see if it was working...
... it wasn't.

Realizing he was about to carry an entire bag full of files and supplies down 33 flights of stairs, Brendan made a few last minute adjustments.
But Oscar was feeling good.As I waited for everyone to get their stuff together, I ate all the Hershey's Kisses out of the candy bowl at the front desk....
... I needed my strength, after all.
Everyone seemed pretty confident...
... until we realized how far we had to go.
Even though my lazy ass hasn't seen a gym in months, I tried to remain optimistic for the sake of my team.
The first ten flights weren't bad.
Around Floor 22, Oscar really boosted our spirits by playing "Eye of the Tiger" on his phone. It definitely helped.
Halfway point.
By floor 6 my legs were reaaaaaallly burning.
Five and half minutes and one rendition of "Eye of the Tiger" after starting, we had all made it down!
Thanks for the unexpected workout, Republic Plaza.
It was a long way down... but a small price to pay to go home.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is soooo sad!!! I think you should expense a new pair of shoes on EY.