Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Rehearsal Dinner

On Friday, May 28th, my entire family with the exception of my aunt (Tiffany) and my cousin (Chelsea) gathered at my parent's house. My dad's family is from Dallas and my mom's family is from Colorado, so it's rare that we're all in the same place at the same time!

Here are my parents, my Dallas grandma, and my cousin Eric:
Along with my Colorado grandma and Adam:
That afternoon was the wedding rehearsal, so Adam and I headed to Lake Lucille in Wasilla...
I loved my shoes. :)
When we arrived at the wedding location, I couldn't believe how beautiful it was!
Here's everyone waiting for their cue to walk down the stairs...I suggested the boys go down in a "Flying V" a la the Mighty Ducks, but it was tough to keep formation on the stairs.
Amanda led us girls down, followed by Holly, me, and then Tara.
The long walk down the aisle...
And here we are in formation:
I knew I was going to have a tough time keeping it together during the REAL wedding when I started tearing up during Leane's walk down the stairs. I looked over at Tara who was also tearing up when she said, "I really thought I wouldn't cry tomorrow, but now I know I will!!" My thoughts exactly, Tara!
The exchanging of the fake rings...
After running through the wedding a few times, we all headed to Anchorage for the rehearsal dinner.
The dinner was held at a hotel overlooking Lake Hood -- it's a really cool spot because planes are always taking off and landing from the lake.
When we arrived, my family was already there and waiting for us...
My parents had done a great job decorating the tables!
Once Leane's family arrived, we headed straight for the buffet.
After we finished eating and exchanging presents, I ventured through the hotel and ran into a few bears.I love how EVERYWHERE you go has a stuffed bear.
After taking this picture, I think I have a future working at Olan Mills. Or maybe I just had super attractive subjects.
We'd made it through the Rehearsal Dinner, and were all ready for the wedding day!

No comments: