Friday, June 14, 2013

Devine is Divine

On Sunday, June 9th, I made my way south to Devine, Texas to see some of my favorite people in the world - My friends Jen, James, and their kids Jameson, Mackenzie, and Hudson.  (Yes, it's been awhile since my last blog post... and there is a new Ramirez in the family!)
 
After landing in San Antonio, I was greeted sweetly by Kenzie and sneak attacked by Jameson. "Did you SEE me hiding behind the Coke machine?!?!" he asked.  Um... no Jameson I didn't.  And that's why I almost fell down when an unexpected child torpedo hugged me from out of nowhere.
 
We went straight from the airport to Best Buy.  The Spurs were playing in the finals that night, and Jen wanted a television for the cabana bar in her backyard.  I was 100% in favor of this plan, so we all headed to get one.
 
Despite both of our credit cards being declined (Ha! Long story.. but don't worry. We're good for the money.) we eventually found a card that worked, loaded up the tv, and headed to Devine.

Devine is always a good time.  James can grill with the best of them, and Jen never lets your lemon drop martini go dry.  In fact, I was having SUCH a good time that I may have entered into some type of verbal contract with Jen's mom that I'd purchase the lot of land next door to build my dream house. 
 
Jen's kids are too much (in a good way, haha).  As you can see, they are always a source of entertainment!
 
 
Hudson wasn't so sure if he liked Mountain Lindsay at first, but by the end of the night, he started warming up to me.



But.

As it turns out, I wasn't in Devine JUST for the drinks and good company.

No.

I was there for a very important meeting on Monday.

A meeting that would change my life... (dramatic pause) ... forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH man!! What a cliff hanger!!!

I don't think I can take the suspense!