Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mindi and Kenny's Wedding (Part 2 of 4)

On Saturday, July 11th, we all gathered on the beach for the real reason we were in Mexico... Mindi and Kenny's wedding!

I had unwittingly bought a dress that was strikingly similar the bridesmaid dresses. I felt a little silly, but at least I fit in with the pink theme. I took this picture of us in the bathroom mirror because I figured this was the nicest we were going to look - as soon as you stepped outside in the humidity, any attempt at nice hair and makeup were lost.

Such a beautiful setting!The Justice of the Peace got held up in a traffic jam, so we got started a half hour late. The beauty of being married at an all-inclusive resort is that you can drink a Corona and put your toes in the sand while waiting for the wedding to start!Here's Amy walking down the aisle of rose petals.And Mindi with her dad:

The funny thing about being married on the beach is that a bunch of strangers stop to watch. And when some of those strangers are wearing Speedos.... well, that's even funnier.
[Sidebar: I saw a LOT of Speedos in Mexico. It's pretty easy to tell who's American and who's European based on swimwear.]

This stranger was even taking pictures!A nice shot of Amy and Mindi:And me in my Junior Bridesmaid dress:The Ernst Family:Kathy and Me:We took a golf cart from the beach to the Barcelo Convention Center for the reception.
There wasn't any dancing at the reception, but Amy's dad (Jim) didn't let that stop him.

Since every meal at Barcelo included a multitude of utensils and a bread plate, Amy taught us some cool tricks to remember what was what. My favorite was the "b" you make with your left hand so you know your bread plate is on the left. After a yummy dinner, we all headed to the bar. Jim loved the popcorn and ate it everyday!Amy and Mindi decided to regale the entire bar with their rendition of "Heart and Soul". Since neither had played the piano in at least 10 years, it wasn't exactly a success. During their performance, Mindi's mom leaned over to me and said, "I've wasted more money on my kids...."After everyone dispersed, Amy and I were walking back to our room when we passed by the theater. Barcelo has different types of performances every night, and the night of Mindi's wedding was "Mexicana" night. We could hear the catchy music as we walked by, so we decided to stop in. We ended up watching the rest of the performance, and it was great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Junior Bridesmaid Dress" = HYSTERICAL!! By far the funniest blog comment ever!!!!