Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The 4th Annual Codehead Reunion

On August 7th, I made my way back to Austin for the annual Codehead Reunion. It had been more than a year since I'd seen most of the Codeheads (aka Kirstine, Melissa, Carolyn, and the Jens), and I was so excited to see everyone! Unfortunately, our group wasn't complete because Melissa was in Boston for the weekend. :(

Kirstine picked me up from the airport, and we headed straight to Chuy's so I could get my chicka chicka boom boom enchilada fix.
Everyone was waiting for us at Chuy's. I didn't think I could be any happier until the waiter brought me a swirl margarita that puts every margarita I've ever had in Colorado to shame.

After dinner, the cameras came out. I politely asked Joey to give me a second to "fluff", but he obviously didn't listen.
First try........ not a success.


Second try....
...... much better.This would have been SO CUTE if only I'd kept my eyes open!The Codeheads, Mr. Codeheads, and one SASsy girl:After dinner, we took the party back to Carolyn & Andy's new house. It was a beautiful home, and they were fantastic hosts!
Despite Joey's request for hard core rap, we settled on 90's music... and Jen V got her groove on.I never quite figured this marble game out. Maybe if I hadn't been talking (and by talking, I mean drinking) so much, it would have been easier. Although by the looks of it, I did my fair share of talking, too. The Jens obviously want me to shut up so they can get back to playing.All bets were off when Carolyn brought out Hungry Hungry Hippoes!After the board games, we graduated to the Wii. Despite my best efforts, Carolyn owned me in tennis. Look at that concentration!The next day (Saturday), we all met up at Jen & Gui's house near Lake Travis. What a gorgeous home! Jen cooked us a fantastic lunch of baked ziti, salad, lemon bars, and brownies before we headed over to their neighborhood pool.
James was cracking me up with his frog friend.
After some time in the sun, we went back to Jen's for a round of trivial pursuit..... and a bit later, we headed to The Oasis. I hadn't been there since college, so I hadn't seen it since all the decks burned down. I thought they did a great job rebuilding - it was beautiful! Carolyn & Andy:Kirstine & Joey:Just as I remembered, the view was the star of The Oasis... and everyone still claps when the sun sets!
On Sunday, Kirstine & Joey, Jen & James, Carolyn and I all met for brunch at Threadgills. In an uncharacteristic move, I didn't get the buffet, but rather decided to order chicken fried steak. It turned out to be a good choice!After eating, we headed to campus so I could stock up on UT gear. On the way, we drove right past the capitol. I always forget how pretty it is!Although Kirstine and I weren't done exploring campus (as seen in my previous blog post), the rest of the Codeheads parted ways after shopping at the Co-op.
See you all next year for the 5th annual reunion!

1 comment:

CCB said...

Too bad we didn't get a picture of Margot, the Wii word game host, calling people names. In my opinion, that was one of the funniest moment of the weekend!