Thursday, October 1, 2009

Some Helpful Hints from a Bestie to a BF

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Amy got herself a boyfriend... and they're taking a trip on which I'm NOT INVITED!!! To add insult to injury, they're going to Vegas which, as everyone knows, is my favorite place to go. Rather than be bitter, I thought I should take this opportunity to give Dan a few helpful hints -- as a Vegas-veteran and Amy's traveling buddy, I have invaluable knowledge to help him out!
#1) Go to Margaritaville and get the Volcano Nachos. You will NOT be sorry.
#2) Go to the Village Buffet at the Paris Hotel. It's always smartest to go on the morning you're the least hungover.#3) Go to Margaritaville a second time, if possible. Make sure to get a bucket of Landshark with your Volcano Nachos.If you're super lucky, Amy may show you her crazy toe trick at Margaritaville like she did the time we went with our friend, Jen.
#4) Go to Tacone in Planet Hollywood. There used to be a Tacone in Denver until the sad day it went out of business. It's a sandwich shop with about 10 different kinds of sauces you can sample and put all over your sandwich and fries. It's so yummy and I guarantee you will score major points with Amy if you take her!
#5) Toni Braxton is no longer at The Flamingo... but when you go to Margaritaville and you're passing by The Flamingo, make sure to say something like, "That Toni Braxton is SO hot." Amy thinks this is hilarious. (Or at least I hope she does, because I say it about 20 times each trip.)
#6) Let Amy play the penny slots. They're her favorite, and it's kind of like being at a bar because you can sit around and drink without the fear of losing tons of money at the gambling tables. Plus, the drinks are free! So it's kind of like a free bar.... if this free bar was populated with lots of old people who smoke.
#7) Watch out for the killer turkeys at FAO Schwartz in Caesar's Palace.#8) Amy doesn't dance often, but the mood may strike while you're there. Just go with it.
#9) Make sure to spend as much time as possible at the pool.
#10) Pay your respects to the ghosts of Vegas trips past....
The picture above is when Amy and I went to Vegas with Mindi during the summer of 2007. In the line-up of favorite Vegas trips, this one was close to the top!

The picture below is when Amy and I met up in Vegas with our friend, Krystal, back in November 2007. If you're ever out of conversation, just ask Amy about the disaster that ensued on this trip.... which was all caused by a too-long line and too much estrogen.
Quite possibly my favorite Vegas trip of all time was the very first one I took. 3 years ago, Amy and I met Jen for a fantastic weekend. The three of us had so much fun!
I hope these tips were helpful. Good luck at the tables and I hope you both have lots of fun!

No comments: