Friday, November 1, 2013

Maui Beach Time

I loved all of our time at the pool, but I think my favorite time was spent on the beach.  
We went to the beach in Kaanapali our first day.  On our second day, we went to Kapalua Bay.  It was only about ten minutes from our house, and it soon became my favorite beach...
It was SO beautiful, and the water was really peaceful.  It was a great beach for kids and snorkelers since the surf was tame.
Grandma, me, and Charlie:

A little sand castle building....



I snorkeled for the first time in my life, and I loved it!  I was a little nervous about being in such deep water, but I got the hang of it.  That little dot down there is me!
I even shot some underwater video.  Sorry for the shakiness!!

Adam, Leane, and Charlie looked on from the beach.

After spending a couple days at Kapaulua Bay, we tried a third beach - D.T. Fleming Beach.  We read that this was a favorite beach for Maui locals (Maui-ites?  Mauiians?), so we figured it had to be great!
I really liked how empty it was.  For awhile, we had the beach practically to ourselves!

My attempt at being artsy.  :)
Everyone took a walk down the beach... and Charlie made friends with the birds.

What a cute photo-op!!
... Alllllllllmost as cute as this guy!

No comments: