Thursday, June 12, 2008

Los Angeles & San Diego

On June 1, Amy and I flew to Los Angeles, CA for a week of training. We had an awesome time all week! On Tuesday, we went to the Dodgers game... they were playing none other than the Rockies - we couldn't believe our luck! We sat in the All You Can Eat Pavilion -- whoever thought of an all you can eat section in a ballpark was a genius! Amy and I did it justice by eating 2 hotdogs, 2 nachos, peanuts, popcorn, and a lot of Diet Coke! Not only did the Rockies win, but we witnessed a fight between Yorvit Torrealba (our catcher) and Jeff Kent (one of the dodgers). The benches cleared, the Rockies were booed, and Amy and I promptly zipped up our jackets to hide our Rockies tshirts. It was nuts!


On Wednesday night, Amy and I went to Santa Monica to have dinner at one of my favorite restaurants -- The Lobster. We had crab cakes, shared a filet mignon stuffed with crab, and shared the yummiest lobster I've ever had!



After dinner, we walked along the pier, tried not to get blown away, and watched some fisherman.


On Friday, our friend Krystal from San Diego came to LA to get us and take us back to San Diego for the weekend. I'd never been there before, and I was so excited to see it!

We spent all day Saturday at Moonlight Beach. We read, watched the beach volleyballers and surfers, and listened to a free concert that included Switchfoot! It was a great day.
Saturday night, we celebrated Krystal's birthday by getting a room at the Marriott downtown and going to the bar on the rooftop of the Marriott. It overlooks Petco Park (where the Padres play) which was really cool. Here's the view from the bar:


Here's a picture of me, Krystal, Amy, and Amy's friend B-Val.


We went to bed late and headed back to Denver in the morning... it was another fun trip to California!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog! It sounds just like you're talking to me. And it looks like you had a blast in California, the all-you-can-eat section is just ingenious. Baseball fans are notorious after all for eating. It's the only reason I'd go to a game. I'm glad you zipped up your jackets, I would have hated to see you on SportsCenter being attacked by crazy California fans.