Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thanksgiving

I had an especially nice Thanksgiving this year because my parents and brother were able to come to Colorado! I always head to my grandparents' house in Salida (about 3 hours southwest of Denver) for Thanksgiving, so it was awesome to have my whole family come with me!

My family flew in from Alaska on Tuesday night and we went straight from the airport to the Bluebonnet Cafe -- my favorite Mexican restaurant in town. It's still not as good as what you find in Texas, but it's the closest I've found to good Tex Mex. And it's a definite crowd pleaser when your crowd is coming from a place 4000 miles from Mexico.

The next day we got up early, had a delicious breakfast at my favorite breakfast place, and hit up the outlet malls on our way to Salida. My grandparents have been in Colorado for over 30 years - they spent the first 10 in Denver and the last 20 in or around Salida. It's a really cute town. I love the big "S" on the mountain:
I'm a total phony because I didn't take either of these Salida pictures (go to Salida.com for many more!). But I didn't take any of my own, and I wanted to show how pretty it is!
Thanksgiving Day was great. My grandma spent most of the day cooking, and we had a fantastic meal. My Uncle Jim (mom's brother), Aunt Suki, and my cousin David all came for Thanksgiving, too. My grandma really wanted a family picture, and after some struggles with the tripod we finally got it! ...can you spot Jim and Suki's beagle?On Saturday, my family and I headed back to Denver. My dad is quite possibly the biggest Avalanche fan alive, and he bought us all tickets to the game against the Tampa Bay Lightning that night. He was more excited than I think I've ever seen him. It was such a fun night!

I was sad to drop them all off at the airport Sunday morning. But in a short few weeks, I'll be up in Alaska for Christmas!

No comments: