Thursday, July 18, 2013

Red Rocks


On July 16th, I went to Red Rocks to see Phillip Phillips and John Mayer.  I was so happy to go to Red Rocks again before I moved - and I was especially happy to see Diana, Nicole, and Caity!

Here's Nicole on the far left, her friend Marcy, Diana, me, and Nicole's friends Christine and Ang. 
When you roll with Nicole, you know you'll be doing it in classy style.  Not only did she have a special tailgating table from Crate & Barrel, but she also brought chairs and a TABLECLOTH!!!  We snacked on french bread, brie (fancy fancy!), salami, pasta salad, chips & salsa, gummi bears, and a multitude of other deliciousness!
Such pretty views from the parking lot...

We watched the sunset behind the mountain as we tailgated...

We didn't want to miss Phillip Phillips, so we headed into the amphitheater.
We sat in the general admission area, and from up that high, you can see all the way to downtown Denver.
 Me and Diana (who I will miss SO much!!!):
Our friend Caity is a super-cool-die-hard-concert-goer and was sitting in the FRONT ROW (!) with her sister.  We went down to say hi right before Phillip Phillips started... look how close she was!
 
 We went back up to our seats when he came on, but I snapped a quick shot before leaving.
I was texting with Caity while we waited for John Mayer to come on, and she said Diana and I should come back down to hang out....


... so we did!  Here is Diana, Megan (Caity's sister), Caity, and me:
Before we knew it, John Mayer was coming on, and we were still in the front row!  We stayed down there for a few songs and danced it out with Caity and Megan...
          

It was such a great night at Red Rocks.  I can't think of a better way to spend one of my last nights in Colorado!

No comments: