Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I'm HOMELESS! {Will do taxes for food.}

About a year ago, I decided I was ready to sell my condo.  It's a great place (and look how excited I was when I first moved in!), but I was ready for something a little bigger... not to mention, sharing walls with Miss Pissy Pants downstairs and Creepy Dan next door was getting a bit old.

That being said, I still didn't put my place on the market.

Why, you ask?

Because...
I.  Hate.  Moving.
Ugh.
However, when I started thinking about moving to San Antonio, I decided it was time to get serious.

It was time to sell my place.

The next series of events was pretty incredible.  I met with a realtor on a Sunday.  She took pictures of my place on Tuesday.  She listed it Wednesday night.  I was under contract on Friday afternoon.  

Seriously?!?!  I still hadn't fully decided if I was moving to San Antonio (and didn't have a formal job offer yet!), but this seemed like a sign that I should move.

A month later, I found myself packing up a POD that was delivered to my doorstep.
My Mom and Grandma were nice enough to help me box everything up, and I hired movers to put everything in the POD.  I supervised from the air conditioned comfort of inside my condo.
It was pretty amazing to see my place emptied out...

Mom working hard helping me pack up the last of my things...
Empty!

I will miss my huge closet.  But everything is bigger in Texas, right?  So maybe my closet will be 300 square feet at my new place!

The LAST TIME I would lock up.... (sort of.  Long story.)
Yesterday, the sale of my condo was finalized at closing, and this picture pretty much sums up how I felt!
San Antonio, here I come!

3 comments:

Justin Chase Brown said...

And I thought selling our house in Wisconsin in less than a week was fast...you now hold the record for fastest sale! Awesome! Congrats!

CCB said...

You made that look easy! At least it looks easy when boiled down to a blog post. :) So excited to have you back in Texas and looking forward to us all getting together soon!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I agree with Carolyn! You make selling a place & moving look super easy!