Monday, October 6, 2008

The Longhorns Invade Colorado

It was an eventful weekend around here -- The Longhorns came to kick some Buffalo butt, so I spent Friday and Saturday in Boulder celebrating.
Friday night was the Texas Exes party, and I volunteered to help out. I spent 4 hours at the door taking donations for our scholarship fund, selling raffle tickets, and selling tshirts. It was really fun to talk to all the people in from Texas as well as some fellow Longhorns now residing in Colorado. On Saturday (game day!) Amy and I boarded the party bus up to Boulder -- the Texas Exes chartered 2 buses fully equipped with music, beer, and Texas spirit! After arriving in Boulder, we headed to the Texas tailgate... at least 500 people were there and it was great! The game was of course awesome. And after getting *slightly* lost, Amy and I made our way back to the bus that took us home to Denver. I did an absolutely terrible job of taking pictures. All I ended up getting was the few pictures I have here. Pathetic. I'll make sure to take more pictures when the Longhorns are back in 4 years.

Here's Amy and me showing off our multiple stamps and bracelets. You have to go to a lot of bars to get that much gear. We don't mess around. Also note the olives in our Coors Light. This is apparently something they do in Iowa (or maybe it's just a weird Amy thing), and I have to say I like it!!
Things I'll remember from Texas/CU weekend:
1. Free beer on the bus and the nachos at Foundry
2. Getting yelled at by mean CU fans (some people just don't appreciate burnt orange)
3. Sneaking into the side door of the Lutheran Student Center so Amy and I could use their bathroom
4. Getting ditched at The Sink
5. Walking through the pitch black of Boulder trying to find the bus
6. Beating CU!!!

The next day, Tony took me up to Estes Park to see the beautiful fall colors. It was gorgeous! We walked around the town and had lunch. Then we drove through Rocky Mountain National Park and took a (very) little hike. So pretty! Here's a few pictures I took.




What a great weekend in Colorado!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 pictures of your Longhorn/CU weekend of fun!!! That's it!!! I do love the David Lettermanesque lists though. And olives in Coors Light....hmmm, that's pretty strange. Would you call it a Coors Martini? Do they know about this up in Golden?

I love the scenery pics, but where's the pic of Tony? I still can't believe he's not Italian.

AE said...

It's a Midwest Martini!!! I bet it would be great with some of your jalapeno olives.

Lindsay said...

I know, I know... I'm sorry about the lack of pictures. And I really have no excuse because I got an awesome new camera for my birthday! And I'll take a picture of Tony for you soon.